OK, here's the last mock draft before the actual draft. As always, it's an exercise in folly. By the time I finish typing it, it'll probably be outdated as trades will most likely make it pointless. Anyway, as always, tell me if/why I'm wrong.
1. Miami - Jake Long OT - Michigan
Had this last time I did a mock draft. Hells yes.
2. St Louis - Glenn Dorsey DT - LSU
I'd take Chris Long, but everything smells like the Rams take the big kid from LSU.
3. Atlanta - Matt Ryan QB - Boston College
Look for Atlanta to try to trade down as the two guys they really want are gone.
4. Oakland - Chris Long DE - Virginia
Could still be Gholston or McFadden. Bat guano-crazy Al could still go do whatever he wants. I still think he avoids McFadden and gets Howie's kid.
5. Kansas City - Brandon Albert OT/OG - Virginia
Second Virginia guy in a row. The Chiefs are blowing up the store. They pray this kid can step in and play LT right now. They might try to get Jeff Otah later at 17.
6. New York Jets - Darren McFadden RB - Arkansas
I still want Gholston here (actually I want Chris Long), but I think the Jets pick the burner. A trade may happen here as well.
7. New England - Vernon Gholston OLB - Ohio State
The Pats don't feel any CBs are worth it and signed a few guys in free agency. Feel the Pats will try to trade down to 10, but if they stay here, look for some LB help for the Pats.
8. Baltimore - Leodis McKelvin CB - Troy
Again, I feel it's a trade here—either for Matt Ryan, or down for one of the big 4 corners. But if they stay here, the have to decide between Clady and McKelvin, and I think they take the CB.
9. Cincinnati - Sedrick Ellis DT - USC
This has been my pick here since February. Stays the same again.
10. New Orleans - Keith Rivers OLB - USC
The Saints need help everywhere on defense, and have their eye on the big 2 DTs, so a trade up is possible.
11. Buffalo - Devin Thomas WR - Michigan State
Probably not the best value. But they absolutely need a WR. Especially one over 5'9".
12 Denver - Ryan Clady OT - Boise State
Everyone in the universe has Clady here.
13. Carolina - Chris Willaims OT - Vanderbilt
There's a run on OTs. And god knows the Panthers need one.
14. Chicago - Gosder Cherilus OT - Boston College
The Bears have been scouting him hard. Also, lately scouts have been questioning Otah's maturity and foot speed.
15. Detroit - Rashad Mendenhall RB - Illinois
The Mike Martz era is over. Mendy will bring a ground game to Detroit who needs one. Check out for the linebacker Mayo as well.
16. Arizona - Mike Jenkins CB - South Florida
Seems like the Cards need a corner since forever.
17. Kansas City - Derrick Harvey DE - Florida
The Chiefs are having a pretty good draft day.
18. Houston - Jonathan Stewart RB - Oregon
Ahmad Green? What the heck were the Texans thinking?
19 Philadelphia - DeSean Jackson WR - California
With the whispers that this is Reid's and McNabb's last go round, the Eagles are going for immediate explosion in the draft.
20. Tampa Bay - Aqib Talib CB - Kansas
Both of the need positions have no one left of real value...look for a trade down. But if they stay here, look for corner help or maybe a reach for a WR.
21. Washington - Philip Merling DE - Clemson
Absolutely need help on the D-line in Washington.
22. Dallas - Felix Jones RB - Arkansas
I got a lot of flak for writing this pick last time. But I stick with it. Jerry's guy is Jerry's pick.
23. Pittsburgh - Jeff Otah OT - Pittsburgh
If it's not the local kid, look for Quentin Groves.
24. Tennessee - James Hardy WR - Indiana
Surprise pick...a little. All the other receivers left have question marks. The 6'7" Hardy would certainly make a nice target for the erratic Vince Young.
25. Seattle - Sam Baker OT - USC
Same as my last mock. A reach, but a calculated one.
26. Jacksonville - Jarod Mayo ILB -Tennessee
They flirt with Calais Campbell, but he is not a value here. Mayo is too much of a talent, and there are rumors this is Peterson's last year.
27. San Diego - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB -Tennessee State
Same pick as last time. Same reasons.
28 Dallas - Limas Sweed WR- Texas
The Boys stay in state and fill a need.
29 San Francisco - Malcolm Kelly WR - Oklahoma
I know the Niners got Bruce and a bunch of receivers in free agency, but Martz wants more. Look for maybe Donny Avery or Andre Caldwell to sneak in here as Martz likes burners who can stretch the field.
30. Green Bay - Brandon Flowers CB - Virgina Tech
Had him last time. He's the kind of corner the Packs like.
31. New York Giants - Dan Connor LB - Penn State
Scouts say there isn't a safety worth the pick—Giants still might take one, but Connor fills a need and is a quality player. Tyrell Johnson is getting some buzz lately.
Lotsa luck with your mock. If I get more than 10 picks right, my wife says I can get that 2500$ flatscreen I've been looking at. Way to have faith in me, honey.